Several Factors Must be Taken into Account to Buy Prescription Glasses


There is a wealth of information available on the internet to help you choose a frame shape that complements your facial features. You may read a detailed analysis of this on the Zinni Optical website.

How potent is your medication? Frames like rimless and semi-rimless styles can't be used with high prescriptions.

Material: Your primary options are metal or plastic. I usually choose plastic frames unless they are aviator-type. In this case, there's room for reasonable disagreement. Years ago, I had a nasty experience with a metal frame breaking at the bridge of my nose. I was on vacation in a rather isolated region when this occurred. Choose high-quality metals like titanium or stainless steel over cheap "base metal" if you must go that route.

Price. Most optical retailers have ridiculously inflated prices on frames. Those "designer frames" are an exception. Most frames may be produced at a reasonable cost. Zinni, in my opinion, provides the best assortment of affordable frames.

Color. It would be ideal if the frame could be chosen to complement both your hair and complexion. Ask a lady for advice on what color frame would look good on you if you're a male. In my experience, women are more in tune with their bodies and the colors that flatter them than men are (or at least most straight men). (Feel free to label me sexist if you want; I can take it.)

One should take proper precautions for buying prescription glasses.

Comments

Popular Posts